Well-equipped child friendly playgrounds
We understand the importance of playtime for social and physical development.
- Large separate playgrounds designed specifically for infants, toddlers, preschool, and school-age children
- Play equipment built to meet Consumer Product Safety Commission guidelines
- Supervised free play to promote physical fitness and development
- Outdoor classroom educational activities
We are prepared for all health emergencies and scenarios.
We have an on-site, qualified & registered nurse who can attend to minor injuries and provide first aid. We have arrangements with the Ridge Hospital for any emergencies and injuries that require hospital treatment.
Our magical space to stimulate children’s curiosity and love for learning.
Language acquisition is a key focus to improve outcomes in communication and language and literacy in the early years. We encourage a love of literature at Merton through storytelling and reading. Our well stocked library has a variety of:
Art & Craft Rooms
We use our vibrant Arts and Crafts room to stimulate children through art and craft activities. Art allows children to practice a wide range of skills that are useful not only for life, but also for learning. Our vibrant art and craft room is equipped with a wide range of paint and craft materials to foster your child’s artistic talents.
A Kids’ Garden
We teach children about nature, responsibility for Mother Earth and science in our Kid’s Garden, which is designed to facilitate learning through play.
A Montessori Resource / Training Room
A Resource for preparing the Child’s Environment.
Our Montessori resource room has the complete range of Montessori materials. Remaining true to Dr. Montessori’s vision of transformational education, our mission is to provide busy teachers with hard-to-find items, specialized materials for Montessori classrooms, and intriguing complementary resources that will help create rich environments.
Proper nutrition serves as fuel for growing bodies AND minds
Meals are prepared on site by a certified cook
- Ghana Food and Drugs Board guidelines are followed for all meals and snacks
- Family-style dining is encouraged to enhance social skills, table manners and conversation
Menus are prepared in advance and available at the Front office
Safety and Security
We make your child’s security a priority.
We have consulted with experts to create a Safety and Security Program that features:
- Infant, child and adult CPR and First Aid-trained staff
- Separate sick bay to address medical needs
- Strict background checks on all staff
- Secured entrances with restricted visitor access
- Closed-circuit cameras that are continuously monitored by management
- Password-protected Internet viewing of classrooms, playgrounds and the kitchen
- Tempered glass windows and secured doors
Health & Safety
We take pride in our clean, state-of-the-art facilities.
Our trained staff practice disease prevention techniques, to protect the health and safety of all children in our care, such as:
- Disinfecting classrooms, equipment and toys many times daily
- Teaching and observing proper hand washing techniques. We even have child-size sinks on the corridors.
- Preparing all food in a commercial-grade kitchen
- Wearing disposable gloves to prevent the spread of germs when preparing food, and while attending to the sanitary needs of children
- Maintaining proper storage of cleaning products
Our school provides lunch services to pupils. There is minimal wait time which makes it easier for pupils requesting for extra meals. Seasonal fruits are served as desserts after each meal. Fruits such as apples, mangoes, pineapples and oranges are cut up, so they are easier for pupils to eat. Each child has a decorated personalized placemat and napkin with their names written on them.
Here at Merton we make time for snack time and knowing how important this is to the growing child, our school has a snack bar that attends to all your child’s snack needs. The snack bar serves a wide-range of options from fruits, biscuits, pastries to juices.
After School Club
We understand our Parents and know that the demand of working life often means Parents may need additional support and care. Our after school club offers a safe, supervised, and active place for your Children to be after school.
At our after-school club, your child will enjoy and benefit from opportunities such as homework assistance, sports and games, social interaction, science, art and craft, cooking, leadership, and time for making new friends.
Merton in partnership with the House of Fame (HOF) offers ballet lessons. We believe that dance, such as ballet, offers our students an opportunity to learn discipline, hard work and grace.
The school organizes birthday parties with a wide range of assorted, exciting and unique activities. We can provide:
- Inflatables & Bouncy Castles
- Organized games
- Balloon Decorations
- Face painting
- Birthday cakes
The Merton Way
We place emphasis on helping children gain confidence and independence when away from the family unit and to adapt to school life.